Looking for an eggcellent way to start your day? Sous vide egg bites are an easy and delicious breakfast or lunch you can eat immediately or prep for the week. Chef Michael shares his recipe for the perfect sous vide egg bites using a Camwear® CamSquare®.
- 12 qt. Camwear CamSquare
- Immersion Circulator
- 6 eggs
- 6 oz. of cream cheese (cut into 6 cubes evenly)
- 5 slices of bacon
(Makes 6, approximately 1 egg per 4 oz. jar)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet until crisp, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat well; a handheld blender is a great option to minimize foam.
- Add eggs evenly to each jar, leaving a little room to allow them to rise.
- Add one cube of cream cheese to each jar.
- Chop up 4 slices of bacon and divide evenly into each jar.
- Season each jar with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Optional: Add 1/4 teaspoon of rendered bacon fat to each jar for an extra punch of bacon.
- Close jars with lids and turn until just tight (don’t over tighten).
- Add to Cambro Jacuzzi (CamSquare with Immersion Circulator) and cook on 172°F for 1 hour.
- Enjoy the 5th slice of bacon while waiting for your egg bites to finish!
- After an hour, remove jars from container and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Use a butter knife around the edges to loosen and invert onto a plate. Top with chopped fresh parsley and serve!
More Sous Vide Recipes and Tips: