Macaroni and cheese has become a Thanksgiving side necessity—and rightfully so! We asked Telly’s Grille & Catering to share their delicious Three Cheese Mac & Cheese recipe to add an extra cheesy taste to your Thanksgiving menu. Telly’s utilizes the Cambro High Heat H-Pan to make their Mac & Cheese, which simplifies the process by allowing them to prep, cook (up to 375°F) and store all in the same pan.
- Cambro High Heat H-Pan™ (model 24HP)
- Medium Sauce Pan
- 16 ounce package of macaroni pasta
- 8 ounces of Sharp Cheddar Cheese, half cubed & half shredded
- 8 ounces of Mild Cheddar Cheese, half cube & half shredded
- 8 ounces of Extra Sharp White Cheddar, shredded
- 2 tbs of unsalted butter
- 2 tbs of all purpose flour
- ¼ of a white onion, chopped
- 4 cups of milk
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter down with chopped onions. Whisk in flour until it makes a light paste, but make sure not to brown.
- Slowly add milk, whisking constantly. Add shredded cheeses to sauce, always whisking so that you don’t create clumps.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer so the sauce can thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat after 10 minutes.
- Boil macaroni pasta as it says on the directions of your package.
- Drain and then combine pasta, Mornay sauce and cubed cheeses in a deep baking dish or pan. For this, we used one of our Cambro High Heat H-Pan (which are safe to use in ovens up to 375°F).
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted and beginning to brown.