Americans have been creating ooey, gooey s’mores since the 1920’s. If you’ve ever wondered where the name “s’more” came from, the first official recipe was debuted by none other than the Girl Scouts. In their guidebook “Tramping and Trailing with the Girl Scouts,” they shared a recipe for a treat called “Some More.” Although the name was eventually shortened to s’more, but the same simple recipe remains. We didn’t have a campfire handy, so we decided to adapt these Soft and Gooey Loaded S’mores Bars by Avery Cooks using our Half Size High Heat H-Pan™.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 and a half sticks), melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 9 full-size graham crackers, roughly chopped
- 2 heaping cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter and let cool slightly.
- Add butter, egg, brown sugar and vanilla to High Heat H-Pan. Whisk until smooth.
- Add flour and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Add chopped graham crackers (crumbs too!), marshmallows and chocolate chips; fold to incorporate. Smooth the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until bars have firmed up in the center and edges are set. Some marshmallows may have developed a hint of golden color.
- Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Put a High Heat H-Pan Lid on top of your H-Pan and bars should keep for up to one week—but we doubt they’ll last that long!