When grillmaster Steph Bouchard woke up to 5°C in Chapleau, Ontario, Canada, one morning, he immediately stoked the fireplace and warmed up with one of his favorite fall drinks. We’d be happy to try this Smoked Whiskey Apple Cider any time of the day!
- 11 apples, save one for garnish
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Ground cinnamon
- Your favorite whiskey/bourbon
- Preheat your grill or Smoker to 225°F. If you’re using a Traeger, use Super Smoke mode.
- Place 10 quartered apples, one peeled and separated orange, sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves in your Cambro Heat Heat H-Pan; add just enough water to cover the fruit.
- Smoke for one hour and stir. Afterward, raise the temperature to 300°F and return to the grill for an additional 2 hours.
- Using a masher or fork, mash all the fruit and return to grill for one more hour at 300°F.
- Take pan off grill and pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large pitcher, such as a 4qt. Camwear Measuring Cup.
- For garnish, slice apple horizontally into wheels. Dust with ground cinnamon and grill at medium high heat for 20 minutes flipping once or until grill marks are prominent.
- Pour 1.5oz of your favorite Whiskey or Bourbon in a serving glass, top with cider and garnish with grilled apple slice and a cinnamon stick.
- Serve and enjoy!