Chef Andy Nguyen is always finding a new way to use his Cambro High Heat H-Pan. This time he used his H-Pan to create a delicious classic cheesecake on the grill.
“This recipe is very versatile and adaptable! Skies the limit! Sometimes if I’m going traditionally, I like making a sweetened sour cream topping to layer on top too!” said Nguyen.
- 3 cups graham crackers
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 – 8oz cream cheese packages at room temperature
- 5 whole eggs at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-3/4 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh
- Zest of lemons
- 2 to 3 Tbsp floral honey
- Crush graham crackers until fine; add butter, salt and sugar.
- Press into prepared pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350F on a grill or in an oven.
- While the crust cooks, whip the cream cheese in a mixer or with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and honey on low speed.
- Add eggs one at a time on medium speed until incorporated.
- Add heavy cream continue to whip for one minute.
- Lastly, fold in lemon juice, lemon zest and transfer to a prepared High Heat H-Pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 20 min; it should jiggle still but the center should be set.
- Chill for a couple hours; for best results chill overnight.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: ADRIANA DESIDERIO IS THE DIGITAL CONTENT MANAGER AT CAMBRO.