Looking to spice up your life? BBQ Grillmaster Shawn O’Donovan suggests trying his quick and easy Fire Roasted Salsa recipe.
“Charring your vegetables before making salsa is a great way to add dimension to the flavor!” said O’Donovan.
This recipe takes no time at all but will have your taste buds buzzing with delight! Grab a big bag of tortilla chips and get ready to dip.
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- 1 lime
- 2 jalapenos, stem removed
- 4 green onions, ends chopped off and cut in half
- 1 large handful of cilantro
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place veggies on the grill and build a delicious char on the exterior.
- Once charred and softened, remove vegetables from the grill and let them cool.
- Add vegetables into blender.
- Juice lime into blender, add spices and cilantro, and blend to your desired consistency. Feel free to add more jalapeno to up the heat on this one!
- Chill in refrigerator and serve!