Cambro containers are constantly finding themselves in a pickle. Gerardo Rodriguez uses Shawn O’Donovan’s pickled red onion recipe and our Camwear Rounds to make the perfect addition to sandwiches, tacos, veggie bowls, burgers and more.
- 2 Red Onions
- 2 Cups White Vinegar
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Peppercorns – Whole
- 1 Jalapeno (optional)
- Slice onions with a mandolin or knife.
- Heat Vinegar, water, sugar and salt in a saucepan on low until dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Once dissolved, remove from heat and let liquid cool to room temp.
- Put sliced onion in Camwear Round with garlic cloves and peppercorns.
- Add liquid to container, seal and let sit overnight in the fridge.