Tried of the same old turkey? Grillmaster Jason Wilson AKA Meat Therapy on Instagram is bringing you a recipe that combines some of our favorite things: bourbon, bacon and BBQ. This Thanksgiving, make a recipe that will surprise and delight your guests like never before!
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large orange or 2 small ones
- 5 to 8 whole cloves
- 4 quarts water
- 1 whole boneless turkey breast, 5 to 7lbs.
- 2.5 lbs. bacon strips
- Favorite Turkey seasoning
- Favorite BBQ rub
- Favorite BBQ sauce
- Leave in thermometer
- Combine sugar and salt into a pot of water and heat until dissolved.
- Let cool and add oranges and cloves.
- While brine is cooling, prep your turkey breast by pulling the skin off and rounding the edges.
- After brine has cooled, place turkey in a Cambro Food Box and pour in the brine. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Remove turkey from brine, rinse well and pat dry. Season turkey breast with your favorite turkey seasoning and let sit for 1 hour to allow rub to adhere.
- While seasoning is adhering, build your bacon weave and wrap turkey breast in bacon weave. Tuck edges into themselves. Season bacon with your favorite BBQ rub.
- Insert probe into thickest part of the breast and place into smoker at 325°F. Set target temp alarm for 160°F.
- When internal temp hits 150°F lightly brush on bbq sauce. Take turkey off smoker when target temp is achieved and tent loosely in foil for 20 minutes.
- Slice up and enjoy!