Caramel apples are a fun fall addition to the dessert table during Thanksgiving because they are customizable and able to be taken home as a party favor if your guests are too full from all the turkey! We asked Chef Andy Nguyen to share his quick and delicious caramel apple recipe:
- Sauce pan
- Cambro 1qt Translucent Round
- Wire rack
- 1 lb. butter
- 4 lb. brown sugar
- .5 lb. golden corn syrup
- Optional: Nuts, candies, sprinkles for topping
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add syrup and bring mixture to a simmering boil; boil for 5 minutes.
- Dip apples and place on a wire rack sprayed with nonstick spray. Let cool.
- You can top with nuts, candy, sprinkles you name it!