Freddy Jennings, known on Instagram as @WoodOvenBoston, is a professionally trained pizzaiolo who teaches people how to make pizza at home. Freddy suggests long-cold fermenting your pizza dough because using a smaller amount of yeast and controlling the temperature:
- Allows them to reproduce and leaven your dough without introducing any off-tasting CO2
- Breaks down the gluten network to the point of tasty and easily digestible bliss
Cambro Products Needed:
(Makes 5 x 300g doughballs)
- 900g King Arthur Sir Lancelot (or your favorite flour with protein percentage in the high 12% or higher range)
- 540g Water
- 27g Olive Oil
- 27g Sea salt
- 4g Instant Dry Yeast
- Mix flour, yeast and water until water is absorbed and gluten begins to form.
- Add oil and continue to mix until incorporated.
- Add salt and mix until mostly incorporated.
- Continue to knead until gluten network is well formed.
- Rest on the counter approximately 20 minutes and then rest and fold.
- Form 5, 300g doughballs and refrigerate for 72 hours in a Camwear Food Pan with Seal Cover.
On baking day, remove from fridge and allow to rest at room temp (approximately 4 hours).
Enter to win $5K in Cambro products when you visit us at the International Pizza Show Booth 2322 OR when you submit your shop here: www.Cambro.com/pizza
*Contest ends April 30, 2023.