There are few candies that say Christmas like peppermint! XO Marshmallow Executive Pastry Chef Melissa Humphrey curated these Peppermint Chocolate Mousse Dessert Shooters to keep you feeling festive into the New Year. Perfectly portioned in Cambro dessert glasses, this recipe is ideal for dinner parties, events or just a little treat at the end of a long day of wrapping presents!
- Cambro dessert glasses (DG3CW)
- Microwave safe bowl
- Electric mixer with whisk attachment
- Piping bag or plastic bag
- Marshmallow Fluff (Try Classic Vanilla from XO Marshmallow, or store bought is okay too!)
- Crushed peppermint candies
- Chocolate Mousse:
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Place chocolate chips and 1/2 c heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals on low power, stirring in between. Continue cooking until chocolate chips and fully melted and whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool down.
- While chocolate mixture is cooling, add 1 c. heavy cream and 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar to a bowl fitted to an electric mixer with a whisk attachment. Whisk heavy cream until medium peaks begin to form.
- Slowly add in chocolate mixture while the continuing to whisk the cream on low.
- Turn off the mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl and return the mixer to medium speed; continue to mix the mousse until it forms thick, heavy peaks.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and transfer the mousse into a bowl or piping bag. Store in fridge for at least an hour, allowing the mousse to set up.
- While waiting for mousse to set, gather the rest of the ingredients for your dessert glass assembly.
- Take the marshmallow fluff and transfer it into a piping bag.
- Line up your Cambro dessert glasses and starting with a layer of chocolate mousse, fill each glass 1/4 of the way full. Next, fill the glasses another 1/4 amount with marshmallow fluff. Sprinkle chopped peppermint candies on top of the marshmallow fluff and continue to fill the glasses layer by layer until you reach the top; ending with the marshmallow fluff. Garnish with chopped peppermint candies.
- Serve immediately or keep cool in the refrigerator for a few hours. Enjoy!
NOTE: The peppermint candies will start to seep out into the marshmallow fluff if left in the fridge overnight.
Need more recipes that go great with the Cambro dessert glass? Click here for more!