When summer hits, nothing tastes better than a light, crisp menu. We asked Catering Chef Naz Khan, owner of Naz Kitchen Fun, to create a hummus recipe that would be perfect as a warm weather appetizer. She says, “The hummus is so cold, refreshing and appetizing; tastes extra good as dip or with pita bread in a wrap or sandwich.” Watch how Naz creates and stores her hummus in the video below:
- 1/3 Size Camwear® Food Pan
- 1/3 Size Camwear FlipLid®
- 1/6 Size Camwear Food Pan
- 1/6 Size Camwear Food Pan Lid (Cover w/Handle)
- 1 Pint Camwear Measuring Cup
- Camwear Shakers
- 4-5 cups chickpeas boiled and strained
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice or more to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 4-6 cloves roasted garlic
- ½ roasted Bell pepper can be any color or flavor
- 2-4 tbsp Tahini (optional)
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- Garlic powder
- Paprika powder for garnish
- The day before, boil and strain chickpeas. Soak chickpeas in several inches of water inside 1/3 Size Camwear Food Pan overnight.
- The next day, drain the water and rinse chickpeas.
- Next, roast pepper in pan with 4 to 6 cloves of garlic and olive oil for about two minutes or until lightly charred. Let cool.
- Measure 4½ cups of soaked chickpeas with a Cambro Measuring Cup and pour into blender.
- Add roasted pepper and garlic to blender.
- Add 1 tsp salt, handful of sesame seeds, ½ cup lemon juice, ½ cup olive oil, and a pitch of garlic powder to blender.
- Pulse blender until fully incorporated. Optional: Add tahini or more lemon juice to taste.
- Store in a 1/3 Size Camwear Food Pan and top with olive oil, paprika, and sesame seeds. Cover with FlipLid. Let set and cool overnight.
- Serve with pita, carrots, cucumber, and any other desired raw vegetables.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: ADRIANA DESIDERIO IS THE DIGITAL CONTENT MANAGER AT CAMBRO.